Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving and Other Wonderful Things

If I waste a single moment of my free time the next two weeks I will be P.O.'d.

The actual day of Thanksgiving is the only day this week when I will not be writing. Even then, I'll have my computer with me during the festivities. I'm two weeks away from flying out to California for the Big Sur Workshop.

In addition, in case you were wondering, it's really not a good idea to read four books at once. I've been juggling Ellen Hopkin's Crank, Maggie Stiefvater's Linger, Brenna Yovanoff's The Replacement and Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird (4th time). The last one is because I'm currently teaching it. I'm getting to the point where I think a drug addicted Scout is in love with a werewolf that was replaced at birth. Might be time to scale it back a bit.

I went and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one yesterday. It really does feel like the end of an era. I thought the film was great and it really requires the viewer to have read the book. There is a lot you miss if you've only been watching the movies.

Speaking of movies: If you've read Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games you should take a look at this audition tape. Warning: It has violence and death in the clip.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday (those of you who celebrate it) and good luck on the last week of NaNoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment